Belly button bleeding is a big issue and is caused due to some injury or infections in the navel area. This bleeding can be an indication of several other issues about your health and injuries in the internal organs. This bleeding can be caused due to several factors and needs proper treatment else can cause infections.
As per information in a blog post following treatment is efficient in the treatment of belly button bleeding.
- Oral medication – if you are facing pain in the belly button area then you must take some pain relievers or antibiotics to fight bacteria’s that cause belly infections. Most common antibiotics are penicillin and amoxicillin. If not then you can take azithromycin, cephalexin or erythromycin. But it is advised that you take these medicines with the consultation of a professional doctor.
- Antifungal and anti-inflammatory creams – if the navel bleeding is caused by fungal infection then you must use an antifungal cream else if it is caused by bacteria then you must opt for antibacterial cream. If it is fungal infection then the best option is the Medimise cream but it can thin the skin so must not be used often. Apart from this, the Daktarin cream is also a helpful solution which can cure yeast and fungal infections. These products are also available in the form of a gel, cream or oral medicine.
- Surgery – if the problem is quite aggravated then you might need to perform a surgery to cure this belly bleeding. This might need draining of the pus in that area followed by antibiotics medication to heal the swelling. The doctor might first clear out the infection and then perform laparoscopy treatment. Sometimes it might be needed to insert a fiber-optic instrument in the navel area after removing the sebaceous and urachal cysts present in the belly button area. If the problem is very severe then there might be a need to remove internal organs such as the uterus, ovaries, or fallopian tubes.
- Home remedies – there are several home remedies that can cure the belly button infections and navel bleeding. This includes treatment with
- Warns salt water — this warm saline solution can serve as an effective disinfectant for belly button infections. It can also help to increase the blood flow in that area.
- Tea tree oil – this is another effective home remedy that can treat wounds due to its antiseptic properties. You can cure fungal infections or infections of ringworm.
- White vinegar – this can treat yeast and fungal infections.
- Warm compress – warm water bag placed on belly button can improve blood flow.
- Aloe vera – aloe vera gel is an effective treatment of navel bleeding as per information in a blog post.