Lateral epicondylitis or tennis elbow is a painful condition that is often associated with racquet sports; however, it is common to find individuals who writhe from it who are not even involved in such sports. This painfulcomplaint is often associated with the players predominantly who are into racquet sports like badminton, tennis and so on. Having said that,tennis elbow that can hit anyone, so there is no hard and fast rule that individuals who are into such sports are more susceptible. On the contrary, there are two groups who are prone to tennis elbow let us quickly delve with the same.
Who are prone to tennis elbow injury!
It is indeed painful condition and to help you to understand who are prone to be more injury. It is seen the individuals who are into intense manual labour are more prone to injury as there is constant pressure and strain on the armsand on the elbow. The worst affected individuals are labourers, carpenter, and plumberare the people usually at high-risk category when it comes to tennis elbow.
Heavy weightlifters also fall in the category as they lift heavy weight from very young age, which creates pressure on the elbow.On the other hand, athletes are also vulnerable for the same as there is more wear tear between forearm and elbow, which create friction, and as results, it takes the shape of tennis elbow.
Sign & indications
- Morning stiffness in the elbow accompanied with persistent pain
- Tenderness in outer part or in the bony part of the elbow
- Soreness in the forearm
- Sharp pain when holding or grasping the object with the same hand
Diagnosis of tennis elbow
Well, in order to get the right treatment firstly it is important to understand its type as this will help you to get rid of the excruciating pain so that you can easily get rid of the condition. In addition, it is essential to know about the root cause and for that, you need to take up certain tests that will rule out the underlying cause and what kind of medical attention is required.
Both medical history and activity level is important as this will certainly tell a lot about you and according to this your doctor can easily prescribe you test that will help you to discover the root cause of the issue. Bothx ray and MRI may be required to find the other host of symptoms that are of other kind of elbow aliment.
Treatment and pain management
- Icing the elbow as this will help in reducing the pain and swelling
- it is advisable to keep an elbow strap to protect tendon from strain pressure
- If the pain is unbearable then non- steroidal and anti-inflammatory pills will help you to great rod of the nagging pain and discomfort.
- Certain exercise that helps to ease the discomfort but it is advisable to it in the supervision of an expert.