Pregnancy is the most beautiful phase of any woman’s life. This is the time when women are treated as princess by their families. There every wish and demand is fulfilled. One of the exciting thoughts of every pregnant women is when would the world start to know that they are pregnant.
As per medical experts, there is no set time to show swollen bellies. Every woman is different and so is every pregnancy. But usually the bellies start to show in the fifth or sixth month of pregnancy. While in some women, the swollen bellies can be seen from the first trimester itself. Not swollen but bloated in a way that their clothes start to fell tighter.
So, if you still are confused about pregnancy bump when does it start showing, then here are some facts about it:-
- If you are becoming a mother for the first time, then you might start developing your baby bump in second trimester. Mostly between 12th and 16th week
- If this is not your first baby, then you might start showing the baby bump a little sooner because your muscles in your uterus would have stretched already from your last pregnancy.
- Many women think that if their tummies are growing, so is their babies. That is not true. The babies start to grow only after 12 weeks. Until then they are still an embryo and do not need much space. After 16th week, you might your middle section a little stretched this is because the baby has started to grow. This is when your bump will start showing.
These are some facts that are mostly unknown to most of the moms to be. However, once you have the answer of when will I start showing, then you can take it as a sign and start buying your maternity clothes. Age is a very big factor when it comes to showing off the baby bump. The older you get, the earlier you start to show your belly. Even your genes play a very big part in the growth of your bump. However if you are heavy weight, then the baby bump would only show in the last trimester as you already have some fat around your belly.
Things to notice
Showing off your belly during pregnancy is considered trendy these days. But there are times when you need to be careful as well. You might be all excited about your belly showing faster but there are certain things to notice if you see it expanding sooner than the expected time.
- There are possibilities that you gaining more weight than expected
- Your body is retaining water
- Bloating, which is very normal
- You are given a wrong due date
- Last but not the least, you might be having twins.
Whatever might be the case, if you see anything unexpected then you must consult your doctor immediately? After ultrasound, the doctor or midwife would know the exact cause of expanding.