It is the fact that your mouth determines your good or bad health. Because, the things you eat affect your body and the entire health. You have to be careful about the things you eat because they may affect your teeth, the parts of your mouth, your tongue and throat, and eventually, your health. Even if you don’t care about your health, you cannot deny that you do care about your smile.
You and your family members have different kinds of health issues, but when it comes to oral care, there is some kind of connection involved, based on the things used. So, it’s fair to say that you need to adopt the best ways to ensure all family members have bright and shiny teeth.
This post is all about tips and tricks to protect your family members with health issues that may be caused by tooth decay, grinding, plaque or tooth caries. Believe it or not, there are many critical diseases that can be identified by dentists in Waterloo, before anyone else can examine it.
At www.dentistryinwaterloo.com, not only they examine your teeth and mouth, they also identify the changes in your health and prepare a comprehensive medical report. It is to ensure, you don’t get a serious health problem.Moreover, these experts recommend some simple tips to protect your teeth from bacterial attacks:
- Brush and Floss Regularly
Here are few quick tips:
- Brush twice a day with soft bristled toothbrush
- Change your toothbrush at least thrice a year
- Use oral hygiene tools and special toothbrush for kids with braces
- Old people with arthritis should use electric tooth brush for complete dental care.
- Use Fluoride to Maximize Protection
Fluoride is certainly a major breakthrough in dental care. Fluoride toothpaste or fluoridated water strengthen your tooth protection against many gum diseases. It eventually result in less tooth decay. If you don’t drink fluoridated water, consult your dentist who will recommend a suitable alternative. There are plenty of mouthwashes and fluoride applications that can give the same protection.
If you and your family uses fluoride toothpaste twice a day, that would be enough to ensure maximum protection. But don’t forget about flossing.
- Teach Your Children In Early Age
More than half of the children between 10 and 15 easily develop cavities, because they start brushing their teeth late.
If you think, your six months old child with just one teeth in his mouth doesn’t need a tooth care, you’re wrong. Experts suggest, you should begin his oral care as soon as the first tooth appear. Otherwise, your child may have early tooth decay before the school age.
- You can consult your family dental hygienist (or start visiting one) to learn how to clean your child’s teeth. You should train him in such a manner that he can brush himself upon reaching the age of 2.
- Children below 6 years should wear sealant – a protective coating on back teeth. It prevents plaque and acid accumulation on the surfaces of teeth. As a result, the chances of early tooth decay reduce to negligible limits. Furthermore, there won’t be any chances of tooth caries in your child.
Consult Waterloo dentists regarding sealant.